For many, a new year means new resolutions, and a fresh start. It’s another chance to attempt something we told ourselves we would do last year, the year before, and possibly even the year before. More often than not, these resolutions tend to revolve around personal health; whether it be, “I’m going to eat better,” “I’m going to get a gym membership,” or “I’m going to actually use my gym membership.”
According to research, the average American abandons their New Year’s resolution by February 1.
So, to start 2023 off right for their members, Endeavor welcomed Dr. Andy Wright, D.C., chiropractor, and clinical director of GreenLife Wellness – not to convince anyone to eat better, join a gym, or stick it out past February 1, but to educate us on a higher level of overall health, wellness and longevity.
Here are some highlights:
- Our amount of movement, or lack thereof, directly impacts our health. Movement dictates how we will progress in age and how long we will live. Currently, we live in a sitting culture, where the average person sits more than 12 hours a day.
- Our body will adapt to the posture we are most used to. This leads to misalignments in our spines, and other joints, which in turn causes pain and malfunction.
- The key is to treat underlying causes, not just symptoms. This will allow for less pain, more ease of motion, and a higher level of overall health.
- Health is a choice. You can schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Andy anytime!
How can Endeavor help you?
- Did you know Endeavor offers multiple options for standing while working? Many tables and desks can be used as standing desks to help reduce the amount of sitting we tend to do during a typical 8-hour workday.
- Did you know Endeavor is located in the heart of downtown Greenville? Any downtown restaurant, coffee shop or office is easily accessible by foot from Endeavor. Let’s get those 10,000 steps in!
- Did you know Endeavor offers a state-of-the-art fitness center for their members and Day Pass users? If you’re going to work in style, you may as well work out in style too.
2023, we’re coming for you!